Ware Malcomb Warriors Inspired to Help Find a Cure

The Orange County Affiliate of Susan G. Komen was founded by a group of individuals committed to the Komen vision of a world without breast cancer. Since 1991, the affiliate has raised nearly $35 million toward the Komen vision. 75% percent of funds raised are invested in local breast health needs and services, and the remaining 25% supports breast cancer research.

For the second year, the Ware Malcomb Warriors will participate in fundraising and running/walking for the Komen Orange County Race for the Cure event, which takes place on September 22, 2013 at Fashion Island in Newport Beach, California.

The theme for this year’s event is:

Komen OC Theme





The Ware Malcomb Warriors Team is headed up by Ruth Brajevich, CMO and a recent breast cancer survivor.

CMO Ruth Brajevich and her sons Derek and Devan

CMO Ruth Brajevich and her sons Devan and Derek (left to right)

Ware Malcomb Warrior committee members include:

  • Ruth Brajevich (Co-Captain)
  • Jina Song (Co-Captain)
  • Eric Namisniak
  • Maureen Bissonnette
  • Sheindy Fischer
  • Channing Adler
  • Sydney Daebritz
  • Rona Cerillo
  • Bryan Walker
  • Julie Sanchez
  • Leslie Espiritu

On July 19th, Ware Malcomb Warriors kicked off this year’s fundraising campaign at our Summer barbecue. Ruth shared her story of surviving breast cancer with some educational statistics about the disease.  She also shared the great work Komen OC is doing to help support underserved women in our community, as well as substantial research that is happening as a result of the funds raised through this important event.

The team shared the goal for this year’s fundraising campaign:

Fundraising – $10,500

Team Members – 75

The team also gave a preview of the upcoming fundraising events including a bake sale, raffle, t-shirt design content, fundraising lunches, and more! Ware Malcomb will be sponsoring the race entry fees for all employees. Each employee is challenged with raising at least the cost of the registration fee.

Komen Heart Bank








Komen Bake Sale






You can make an impact too! There are many ways to get involved:

  • Register to join our team to run, walk or stroll alongside a Ware Malcomb Warrior.
  • Show your support by making a donation to our team goal.
  • Reach out to us to learn how you can participate in this and other fundraising campaigns.

We hope you’re INSPIRED to join us in making a difference in our community! Visit the Ware Malcomb Warriors page for more information.


Maureen Bissonnette, MBA | Director, Marketing