Ware Malcomb Phoenix Takes Away Two Awards at the 6th Biennial IIDA Couture Fashion Show
On March 7th, 2014, Ware Malcomb took to the runway at the International Interior Design Association (IIDA) Southwest Chapter’s 6th biennial Couture Fashion Show. The source of inspiration for each team’s creation was assigned from the Sherwin-Williams® COLORMIX™ 2014 Forecast with hair and make-up services provided by Toni & Guy.
Teams were formed by pairing Vendors with Interior Design firms. The Vendors supplied materials while the Designers offered their creativity. Each team was then designated a specific color from the Sherwin-Williams® COLORMIX™ 2014 Forecast. This year our Team Vendor was Knoll and our color was “Library Pewter.”
The team’s model was Ware Malcomb Phoenix’s very own, Karah Tennyson, who strode down the runway wearing a dress made from a chair. That’s right, a chair; the Knoll Generation Chair. The backing of the chair was rounded out to form the front side of the dress lined with red filzfelt. The outfit was topped with a Bertoia chair head piece and accessorized with a Spinneybeck Raven. This creative culmination of design and materials resulted in Ware Malcomb winning the awards for Best Styling, and People’s Choice categories.
We wanted to encompass the entire Knoll brand:
- The headpiece is an iconic Bertoia chair from the Knoll Studio collection
- The bodice of the dress is a Knoll Generation chair back
- The top of the skirt is a Knoll Textiles upholstery material
- The red underside of the skirt is architectural felt from the FilzFelt line
- The Spinneybeck leather raven sits atop a Knoll furniture whip
- Accessories include Spinneybeck leather necklace with washers from furniture assemblies
Congratulations to our design team: Karah, Caitlin, Josh, Nicole and Audris! We also could not have won without our amazing Team Vendor, Knoll. We look forward to the next Couture fashion show where we will aim to take the Best of Show Award!
Keep an eye out for us when we take on IIDA’s Fashion Meets Finish in June!