One Designer’s Take on Neocon 2013
by Elizabeth Young, NCIDQ | Designer
The anticipation of NeoCon has a Christmas morning familiarity. Touring through the bustling Merchandise Mart, I see showrooms unveiling the hottest products on the market. I also quickly learn it’s not always the largest showrooms that have the best products to offer.
Here are a few of my favorite finds from NeoCon 2013
– New or old, the G20 Chair by Global Industries features an attractive White LeatherSoft upholstered seat and automatic lumbar tension for comfort.
– The Momentum showroom provided a great introduction to their new collection from Carl Magnusson. Sharing fascinating insight to how the collection was generated from electrical symbols, enlarged pencil lines, and city grids was Carl himself.
– Andreu World featured fabulous clean-line, versatile, and modern seating options for both indoor and outdoor use. They also received 4 Best of NeoCon Awards! One of my favorites was the Manfred sofa
Photos (Left to Right): G20 by Global Industries, Carl Magnusson from Momentum, Andreu World Best of NeoCon Award Winner
A common theme on everyone’s showroom floor was collaborative spaces and individual seating
– Arcadia: The space shown below services both as a lobby type area as well as a collaborative area with writable table surfaces, perfect for areas short on space
– Vitras Alcove High-back Sofa: This sofa gives a booth-like feel without the overstuffed look, it’s comfy, and features acoustical properties to help minimize noise.
NeoCon, once again, provided exposure to remarkable design at a priceless experience.
About the Author | Elizabeth Young is a junior Designer for Ware Malcomb joining our team in 2012. She is a part of the firm’s Interior Design Studio, involved in projects for our Irvine and San Diego offices.
About NeoCon | NeoCon is North America’s largest design exposition and conference for commercial interiors, providing over 40,000 architecture and design professionals with nearly 100 CEU-accredited seminars, association forums and top-notch keynote speakers. Discover thousands of innovative products and resources for corporate, hospitality, healthcare, retail, government, institutional and residential interiors from more than 700 showrooms and exhibitors.