New Year’s Message from CEO Lawrence R. Armstrong
2018 was the fourth straight record-breaking year for Ware Malcomb. We experienced a strong 15% revenue growth and met our 2020 strategic plan goals two years early!
As we enter 2019 with a strong start, we want to show our gratitude to our amazing clients, colleagues and WM team members for our greatest year yet filled with awesome project opportunities. Thanks to you, we delivered over 3,800 projects with great enthusiasm, design, service and teamwork!
We are proud to share some of the highlights from 2018:
- We were ranked in several national and local firm lists:
- #1 Fastest Growing Design Firm, #9 Retail Sector, #27 Overall – Interior Design Magazine Top 100 Giants
- #2 Architecture Firm in Orange County & one of the Fastest Growing Companies – Orange County Business Journal
- #7 Top Architecture Firm in San Diego – San Diego Business Journal
- #14 Largest Architecture Firms – Denver Business Journal
- #21 Top Architecture Firms in the Bay Area – San Francisco Business Journal
- Some of our industry awards included:
- NAIOP Chicago Awards of Excellence – Design Firm of the Year for the second year in a row!
- ULI Northern New Jersey Excellence Awards – Suburban Redevelopment Project – 56 at Roseland
- The City of Brighton Economic Development Corporation’s Project of the Year – 76 Commerce Center
- San Fernando Valley Business Journal – Best Mixed-Use Project – The Mix at Harman Campus
- Connecticut Building Congress Project Team Awards – First Place Major Renovations/Expansions – Henkel Corporation Laundry & Beauty Care Pilot Plant
- IIDA Southwest – Mixed-use Award of Merit – Western Window Systems Corporate Headquarters
- PCBC Gold Nugget Grand Award Winner – Best On the Boards Mixed Use Project – Kilroy One Paseo
- Our leaders spoke at over 20 events across North America and were recognized as national thought leaders on innovative topics such as office trends, multistory distribution and technology’s impact on the CRE industry.
- We also broke records in the media with over 270 features in 2018 with notable coverage in the Wall Street Journal, GlobeSt.com, NAIOP Development Magazine, Colorado Real Estate Journal, Orange County Business Journal, Houston Chronicle and CoStar, just to name a few.
- Our firm augmented our scope of services by acquiring WorkSpace Plans, a building measurement services company that offers the latest technology and expertise in building measurement.
- We continued WM 4.0, our employee idea based continuous improvement program, generating 1,000 ideas and implementing over 50 including the implementation of Virtual Reality into our design process, and the launch of our Culture Designed to Care initiative to expand our support of local charities and our companywide support of United Way.
- Our amazing WM team members continue to give back in our local
communities with a variety of philanthropic efforts for organizations such as:
- United Way
- Susan G. Komen Foundation
- Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
- Baja Challenge
- Pack to School
- Building Block Foundation Fund
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Habitat for Humanity
- Working Wardrobes
- Diabetes Research Institute Foundation
- Community First Foundation
- LEAP Arts in Education
- We Care
- Teen Challenge
- Wounded Warriors
It’s been an incredible milestone year! We look forward to working with you for an even more successful 2019!