New Year’s Message from Ware Malcomb CEO, Lawrence R. Armstrong
2017 was an amazing year for Ware Malcomb. Thank you and congratulations for the hard work, spirit, and dedication!
We are proud to share key highlights from 2017:
- Ware Malcomb celebrated our 45th Anniversary in business! Check out our video commemorating this exciting milestone.
- We were recognized with many industry awards:
– NAIOP Chicago Awards of Excellence-Design Firm of the Year
– NAIOP Toronto Industrial Distribution Development of the Year-Prologis Tapscott
– NAIOP Colorado Industrial Development of the Year-Crossroads Commerce Park
– ULI Colorado Infill Project of the Year-Crossroads Commerce Park
– Los Angeles Business Journal Best Medical Project-Good Samaritan
– IIDA Northern California Honor Award, Give Category-LePort School
– Internet Marketing Association IMPACT Award-45th Anniversary Video
– Internet Marketing Association IMPACT Award-Post 9/11 War Memorial
- Our leaders authored articles and were featured in several trade publications, demonstrating our strong international thought leadership. In particular, we were recognized as an early expert in multistory industrial, an innovative new building type in commercial real estate. Our new prototype design was featured as the cover story of NAIOP Development Magazine. We were also featured in an article on multistory industrial in The Wall Street Journal.
- We moved up in rank in several national and local design firm rankings:
– #1 Architecture Firm in Orange County – Orange County Business Journal
– #19 A/E Firm, #187 Overall – Engineering News Record Design Firm Rankings
– #21 A/E Firm – Building Design & Construction
– #36 Interiors Firm – Interior Design Magazine Top 100 Giants
– #21 on the Zweig White Hot Firm List
- We were recognized as one of the Best Places to Work and as a Fastest Growing Company by Orange County Business Journal for the 2nd year in a row.
- We joined The United Workplace, a strategic alliance of likeminded design firms from around the world to share best practices and client connections.
- We launched WM 4.0, our employee-based continuous improvement program, which generated over 1,000 ideas.
- Our philanthropic team members continue to give back to the local communities we serve with volunteer work and community involvement including:
– United Way
– OC Komen Race for the Cure
– We Care
– Pack to School
– Baja Challenge
– Working Wardrobe
– Relevo or La Vida FANLYC (for Pediatric Cancer in Panama)
– IOS/Hayworth Bocce Ball Charity Tournament
– American Red Cross
– Community Food Bank of New Jersey
– Kids Against Hunger
– Building Block Foundation Fund
We have hit the ground running in 2018 with a positive outlook and are ready for another successful year ahead.
Happy New Year!