A New Year’s Message from our CEO and President
2020 was certainly a year of change and disruption that affected everyone in ways no one could have ever imagined. We were very fortunate to have had a year of continued growth, despite a worldwide recession. As we enter 2021 with a strong start, we want to sincerely thank our team members, clients, and industry partners, for a successful 2020 in the face of tremendous adversity. Thanks to you all, we experienced an annual revenue increase of over 22%. In 2020 our dedicated team members successfully delivered over 4,200 projects to our clients, with the vast majority of them working remotely through collaboration, teamwork, and a love of the work that we are all fortunate to be a part of.
As we reflect on 2020, we are proud to share some of the highlights from the year.
We were ranked in several national and local publications:
- BD+C Top AE Firms – #1 Industrial Firm, #14 Overall
- One of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Firms in America – for the third year in a row!
- Zweig Group – #12 Hot Firm
- ENR Top 500 Design Firms – #14 AE Firm, #136 Overall
- Interior Design Magazine’s Top 100 Giants – #22 Overall, #5 Retail
- OCBJ Top Architecture Firms – #2
- OCBJ Fastest Growing Large Private Company – #3
- Sustained Growth Award by ACG Orange County
- Denver Business Journal Top Architecture Firms – #23
- Phoenix Business Journal Top Engineering Firms – #37
- Phoenix Business Journal Top Interior Design Firms – #17
- Phoenix Business Journal Top Architecture Firms – #22
- San Diego Business Journal Top Architecture Firms – #8
- Los Angeles Business Journal Top Architecture Firms – #33
- San Francisco Business Times Top Interior Design Firms – #13
- San Francisco Business Times Top Architecture Firms – #22
We were recognized with several industry awards, including:
- Globe Street Real Estate Forum – Jay Todisco acknowledged as an “Industrial Influencer” (2nd time in 3 years)
- Office TI Project of the Year by NAIOP AZ – Sendoso
- Best Office Project CRE Award by San Diego Business Journal – WM San Diego Office
- Best Medical Project CRE Award by LA Business Council – Downtown West Medical
- Award of Excellence – Paradise Theater Historical Restoration (Canadian Assoc. of Heritage Professionals) & (Architectural Conservancy of Ontario)
- Nook Design Competition Winner – The Teleportation Nook Design
Our leaders reinforced our industry thought leadership by speaking at over 20 events (in person and remote) across North America on topics such as Multistory Distribution, Workplace Strategy in the Post Covid Era, Speculative Cold Storage, Real Estate Design and Technology, Career Development and many more diverse topics.
We had another record year of media coverage! Our efforts resulted in over 300 features with notable coverage in NAIOP, CoreNet, MarketWatch, CoStar, Building Design+Construction, Orange County Business Journal and Work Design Magazine, just to name a few. A few notable features include the cover story of NAIOP’s Development Magazine about the firm’s unique Speculative Cold Storage prototype, and a NAIOP Blog about Nearshoring and the manufacturing industry. These features, along with many others, can be viewed on the Thought Leadership page of our website.
We continued WM 4.0, our employee idea based continuous improvement program, implementing many ideas, including a new intranet, Ware Malcomb University, an employee recognition program, and our 3rd annual United Way E-giving drive.
Our amazing team members continue to give back in our local communities with a variety of efforts for many organizations, including but not limited to:
- United Way
- Working Wardrobes
- Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
- The Boys & Girls Club of Metro Denver
- NAIOP Research Foundation
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- American Heart Association
- Warm A Heart
- We Care
- Joe Namath Foundation
- Kent State University Foundation
- Diabetes Research Foundation
- The New Jersey Performing Arts Center
- Orangewood Foundation
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters
- Links Players International
- Ann & Robert H. Lorrie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- CSU Fullerton Philanthropic Foundation – Women’s Leadership Program
We are so proud of our team’s hard work, flexibility and productivity during this challenging year. It is because of this dedication that our business has been stable and strong during this most unusual year.
As we enter 2021, our outlook is cautiously optimistic, and we are confident that our long-term business strategy is rooted in the commonsense philosophy of our founders Bill Ware and Bill Malcomb. We are relentlessly focused on advancing our technology initiatives to consistently deliver excellent client service, and to improve the built environment to the benefit of commercial real estate and the people who live, work, and play in the spaces we create.
Wishing all our team members, clients, industry partners, and friends of the firm a Healthy, Prosperous, and Happy New Year!