To celebrate our culture of giving, our WM Community program encourages team members to get involved in local communities and charitable organizations, as well as the design and commercial real estate industries.
We believe in giving back to our communities.
We are invested in community growth and youth development. Our team members participate as university guest lecturers and present to students on a wide array of topics in the architecture and engineering industry as well as overall professional development.
To offer professional development and networking opportunities, we are active in commercial real estate and design industry organizations such as NAIOP, SIOR, ULI, CoreNet Global, CREW Network, AIA, ASCE and IIDA, among many others.
We support various philanthropic organizations and initiatives throughout each year.
Our team members participate in pro bono projects, provide free and at-cost design services, and volunteer hours to numerous charitable organizations.
Ware Malcomb is a proud sponsor and participant in these worthy organizations, among many others:
- United Way
- Baja Challenge
- The Common Thread for the Cure
- Susan G. Komen
- Boys & Girls Clubs
- Ronald McDonald House
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Building Block Foundation
- Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
As a core value, we believe our success rests in the hands of our people and their commitment to the future.
To help spur innovation, creativity, and philanthropy, we have cultivated an environment of diversity for many years.
Through our philanthropic arm WM Community, we seek to provide opportunities and give aid to those in need. Since 1979, we have offered scholarships and internships that provide expanded academic and career development opportunities to students based on need and talent.
The following programs exemplify this commitment, among others:
- Orange County United Way’s Youth Career Connections – Work-based learning initiative that infuses classroom learning with real-world experiences by connecting underserved high school students directly with employers through internships.
- CEO Leadership Alliance – Talent Leadership Advisory Board – Works across the Orange County High School and College systems to expose and interest youth in promising careers in the county.
- Ware Malcomb Foundation Scholarship – Scholarship opportunities for Ware Malcomb employee children and dependents, providing financial support for their continued education, academic advancement, and the desire to make a difference in the world.
- Kent State University College of Architecture and Environmental Design (CAED) Class of 1980 Travel Abroad Scholarship – Developed by Ware Malcomb Chairman, Lawrence R. Armstrong, and a group of his classmates, this scholarship is awarded to second year CAED students on a need and talent basis who wish to participate in the college’s study abroad semester in Florence, Italy.
- Kent State University Armstrong Family Scholarship – Developed by Ware Malcomb Chairman and alumnus of Kent State University, Lawrence R. Armstrong, this need and talent scholarship is awarded to the Fourth Year College of Architecture and Environmental Design student who demonstrates their aptitude with an exceptional design portfolio and an industrious academic record.
- University of Arizona Bill Ware & Bill Malcomb Endowment Scholarship – Established in 1979 by our founders and alumni of the University of Arizona, Bill Ware and Bill Malcomb, scholarships are awarded to School of Architecture students based upon their Capstone Project.
At Ware Malcomb, we are continually focused on making an impact in the communities where we live, work and thrive.